On 31st December 1846 William Cavendish Earl of Burlington and heir to the Duke of Devonshire conveyed land in Jevington to the rector and churchwardens for a site for a school and schoolhouse.
A small school was built high on a bank beside the main street and opened 6 June 1847. The building was later used as a Post Office and is now the Village Hall. Today the Village Hall is at the center of the village, high on the downs in the South Downs National Park. It is positioned close to the South Downs Way above Eastbourne in East Sussex.
The Hall offers a large open room, modern kitchen, toilet, flexible modern lighting, piano and garden. It is regularly booked as a refreshment stop for organised events on the South Downs Way as well as for dinners, parties, classes, exhibitions and social events.
The Hall is an attractive and versatile venue ideal for any social or business occasion, accommodating up to 100 people standing or 50 people seated.
The Hall has a lawn area and is an ideal venue for pop up restaurants, exhibitions, children parties, conferences, meetings, film shows, lunches and dinners, coffee mornings, funeral teas, private parties and wedding receptions.
Jevington Village Hall